It’s now official that 2015 Contender Series middleweight champion Kemahl âHit Manâ Russell will be returning to the ring against Martez Jackson in a non-title fight on October 23 at the Shrine Temple in Georgia.
Russell has only been in the ring three times during the past 15 months due to injury which forced the cancellation of fights in August and September.
Russell whose record stands at 9 wins with 7 TKOs, says this is a great opportunity to fight for the second time in North America after his TKO win over Hector Nava of Mexico in December 2015 of last year.
“This fight is the most important fight in my career. Every fight is unique in its own way and brings its own challenges,” said Russell.
The fight against Jackson is a warm-up for his December 3 contest at the National Indoor Sports Centre against one of three opponents in line for the US Regional Under-50 ranked title, a stepping stone to move into the WBA world ranking.